[sword-devel] v1.5.4rc3 BUG

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:29:56 +1200

> Same bug in RC2 is in RC3
>
> I wished to do a search on the word:
> בראשית
> on the Aleppo Codex in Sword
>
> Running XP Prof. and 256 MB RAM, I was surprised it took so
> long... it then
> froze...
>
> I repeated the process:
> 1. Load Sword
> 2. Check Hide/Show Modules Aleppo
> 3. New Search Window
> 4. Change Bible to Aleppo
> 5. Change Language (not in Sword, but on XP)
> 6. Typed in בראשית
> 7. Search...
> 8. Wait....
>
> Still froze...it doesn't freeze on other modules...
>
> DF

I get a different result, but still unusual,
Mine shows  six references, Hosea 9:10 being the sixth, the seventh line is shaded the same background colour as the first six references, but no text is shown, and after spending a while redrawing windows, the seventh reference of Malachi 4:6 is shown, and the program continues working correctly.
Every time the window redraws it takes ages.
(XP Home)

Stephen.