[sword-devel] What is going on here???

Daniel Freedman sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:57:47 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "chris" <menominee@skyenet.net>
To: <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 8:07 PM
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] What is going on here???

> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 10:07, Joachim Ansorg (you) wrote:
> > The Quran could be offered as a GenBook. But the uqestion is if we
should
> > do it...
>
> Why not offer any available texts however "debatable"? Q'uran, BOM,
Jasher,
> etc.
> Heck, I would sure like to see mishna and gemora, targums, rashi though
I'm
> sure most here could care less re these. They just make the tool that much
> more useful and broaden the audience.

The only translation I've come across is Darby, and its still within the
copyright...which is why you won't find a translation of the Mishnah, as
regards the Hebrew - Mechon Mamre is fine...

Rashi - try this:

might be a nice addition to sword

http://www.aish.com/literacy/reference/Search_the_Chumash_with_Rashi_-_in_En
glish.asp