[sword-devel] sword iso downloads

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:35:30 +0100

hiya,
There is now an alternative way to download sword isos to make your
own sword CDs. Once you have 1 CD you should only need to download
the bits that have changed on a new CD rather than the whole thing
again.

It uses a thing called jigdo. You can download the jigdo source or
binaries (linux+windows) from:
http://home.in.tum.de/~atterer/jigdo/

Instructions for using jigdo are on that page as well, and read the
README.

The thing you will need to know is the url of the sword jigdo file
http://www.crosswire.org/~dglassey/sword20021010rc7.iso

I haven't got the bandwidth to test this so could someone please try
it and let me know. Especially if you have an old recentish (like an
earlier release candidate) sword cd and can check what kind of
difference it makes.

I'll try and write something up for a web page but it might be better
if someone else writes something in user English rather than
devspeak.

Regards,
Daniel