[sword-devel] Too many tabs 1.5.4a

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:52:10 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Geoffrey W Hastings wrote:

> Running windows XP
> I just downloaded the latest ISO of 1.5.4a
>
> I burned a CD and found 132 tabs in the lexdict window when running from
> the CDrom.
> I would suggest turning off the multitude of ERen... tabs in the
> dictionary window.
> For those who want to run from the CD  132 tabs will  be a bit
> overwhelming.
> I think even 53 Bible tabs are a bit much. Altogether 185 tabs takes up a
> lot of screen space and will make it hard for a person to find the tabs
> they want.
>
> I know I can go into the layout.conf   file to turn off some of the text
> tabs.
> But where do I go to turn off the ERen tabs.

Either right-click the LD tab area and turn them off individually or go to
the Options | Preferences | Special Modules menu and click Show Glossaries
as Dictionaries to turn all of them off.

I think you're right that these shouldn't be visible from the start, so we
should make this box clicked by default if the CDs haven't gone out yet.

--Chris