[sword-devel] NRSV errors?

nicc-lists email addy sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:25:49 +1000

Hmmm, was doing some stuff in Hebrews, in MacSword (looking good atm,
but how do the various texts and commentaries link?  wanted to look at
some texts side-by-side, with a commentary, but I had to individually
take each window to the required verse?), and then double checked in
diatheke, and it seems that chapter one of hebrews also has the verses
messed up -- verse one is actually v2, v2 is actually v3, etc, and v14
is blank...  was someone going to look into this, or what can I do
about it?

nic...  :)

ps: yes, sorry, replying to my own email...  :(

On Tuesday, Aug 20, 2002, at 15:09 Australia/Sydney, nicc-lists email
addy wrote:

> sorry, by stuffing up I meant it skips the first verse.  a comparison:
>
> http://127.0.0.1/cgi-
> bin/diatheke.pl?search=&verse=2+tim+2%3A1-4&NIV=on&NRSV=on
>
> gives me (nrsv and niv of 2 tim 2:1-4):
>
> 2Tim 2:1: You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ
> Jesus.
> 2Tim 2:2: And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many
> witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach
> others.
> 2Tim 2:3: Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
> 2Tim 2:4: No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian
> affairs--he wants to please his commanding officer.
> (NIV)
> 2Tim 2:1: and what you have heard from me through many witnesses
> entrust to faithful people who will be able to teach others as well.
> 2Tim 2:2: Share in suffering like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
> 2Tim 2:3: No one serving in the army gets entangled in everyday
> affairs; the soldier's aim is to please the enlisting officer.
> 2Tim 2:4: And in the case of an athlete, no one is crowned without
> competing according to the rules.
> (NRSV)
>
> note the first verse in the nrsv is what the 2nd verse in niv is
> (well, the equivalent version of those verses!)...  if this is just me
> (which it could quite likely be!), what am I doing wrong?  just tried
> to update it again from: ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/betaraw,
> but am not even sure if that's the correct place to get it from?  but
> the sword.cx site seems to have the same module?
>
> oh well, perhaps I should just go back to bed...  :)  Mmmmm,
>

> ybic
> 	nic...  :)

"Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes
  the blood of Christ to keep you out of Hell."
	-- Charles Spurgeon

  Interested in finding out more about God, Jesus,
      Christianity and "the meaning of life"?
       Visit http://www.christianity.net.au