[sword-devel] .conf lang tags

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:48:44 +0100

Troy,

what you describe is certainly possible, but not satisfying. Besides the fact
that I'm not sure how much work parsing the unicode range would be (icu?) for
each single key, there are languages which operate in the same unicode range
but the user might want to set different fonts for them.
A solution without requiring extra markup for each key might be to have some
kind of entries in the conf file indicating which key range(s) is _not_ in
the module's main language and if so, which language. That would be the
easiest way coming to my mind.
But I understand that you hesitate given the work that needs to be put into
this, and the unclear (at the moment) benefit. It's not the most serious
issue right now, though I believe it might become somewhat important in
future.

Martin