[sword-devel] Strongs and Additional Modules

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 May 2002 15:44:46 -0700

Nichols, Lester wrote:
> I have a question regarding the Strong's Greek/Hebrew Module. I recently was
> going through it and noticed that for certain Strong's numbers, there are
> not any associated references. For example: 07225 for beginning, there is no
> reference associated. Is this an issue of the Strong's numbering in the KJV
> module or that of the G/H module.

These numbers are an extension mechanism placed atop standard Strong
numbers to indicate additional information such as morphology.

You should be using the Thayer Greek Lexicon and the Brown-Driver-Briggs
Hebrew Lexicon.  They are far superior to the Strong Lexica and they do
include these extended codes.

> Another question that I have is regarding modules for arm processors (more
> specifically the Zaurus). My understanding is that as long as the conf file
> is available and referenced properly for the module, that the module should
> be available for the Sword Reader. Is this correct? If so, then what are the
> requirements for the conf file? I modified an existing file to reference the
> module I added, but it does not show as an available module.

The requirements for a .conf file are module name, module path,
description & module driver.  I think everything else is optional.  You
can find some more documentation on .conf files at
  If you can't figure out the problem from that, you'll have to give us
some more information (possibly send your .conf file).