[sword-devel] Compiling under Linux

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 25 May 2002 14:50:06 -0700

You have enable-icu turned on.  You either need to turn that off or
download/install icu-sword from CVS (it is module icu-sword on
crosswire.org).  Once you get it, you can follow the instructions at
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/readme.html#HowToBuil
dUnix to build.

You can use cygwin or (I haven't tested, but I believe) mingw, both of
which are free, to compile on windows.  Otherwise, you can download
windows binaries at http://www.crosswire.org/sword/diatheke.  These are
old, and based on a pre-1.5.3 Sword, but I will update them soon I hope.

--Chris