[sword-devel] Compiling under Linux

Richard Guay sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 15:21:28 +0700

Hi,

I am running Mandrake Linux 8.0.  I can not compile the sword library (1.5.3) at all.  It says
that it needs the include files a unicode directory.  I have checked all the include directories
and can not find the mentioned files.  Where are the unicode include located?  What rpm
package contains them?

Also, is it possible to cross-compile in Linux for a windows executable?  I do not have a
windows compiler and would like to compile the diatheke program for windows.  I am
making a frontend in Tcl/Tk that uses that program (a modified version for performing
multiple requests) and want to try it under Windows also.

Thanks for your help.

Richard Guay