Packaging : was Re: [sword-devel] 1.5.3 progress

Daniel Glassey
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:06:28 -0000

With 1.5.3 being imminent it would be great if people could volunteer to make
binary packages (and source rpms) once the source release is ready. Or
alternatively test it on obscure architectures/OS's.

It will be especially be a lot easier for users when they install the GUIs bibletime
and gnomesword to have everything packaged.

I don't know how different Linux distros do their numbering versions. If major
versions are binary compatible with each other (same glibc and zlib afaict) we can
strip this list down.

Any other popular OS's or Linux distros that it could be built for?

Please reply to the list (and add yourself to the definitive list at if you
like ) with any volunteering or suggestions.

Here's what I can think of so far:

other BSD's

Debian Linux - how many of these, or more?
Debian testing/woody and unstable - DanielGlassey
Debian potato

Mandrake Linux - how many of these, or more?
Mandrake 8.1
Mandrake 8.0
Mandrake 7.2
Mandrake 6.1

RedHat Linux - how many of these, or more?
RedHat 7.2
RedHat 7.1
RedHat 7.0
RedHat 6.2
RedHat 5.2

Slackware Linux

Sun Solaris

Suse Linux - how many of these, or more?
Suse 7.3
Suse 7.2
Suse 7.1
Suse 7.0