[sword-devel] GBS question

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:47:47 -0800

> Leaving the images as separate files is one option (and the
> option Troy seemed to like).  My own feeling is that it can
> cause a lot of wasted space beacause there may be many small
> images.  So my suggestion was to simply tar them and access
> them through that.  If you're not doing your own image
> rendering and are using an HTML widget instead, this would
> raise issues of temporary file extraction & eventual
> deletion.  So if no one agrees with me, I will understand.

I just checked my Catholic Encyclopedia files, and can give some
concrete numbers relating to this issue.

The module has 382 image files totalling 6.89 mb, but they take up 11.4
mb of disk space on this FAT32 partition due to unfilled clusters.  I
don't know how well this module is going to work with InstallMgr
transfers either, since it has no resume feature.

--Chris