[sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

fred smith sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:44:52 -0400

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 12:37:53PM -0700, Chris Little wrote:
> Those numbers are in hex not dec.  They are in Codepage 1252 and
> represent single quotes.  <CM> is from GBF and represents the end of a
> paragraph.

Yes, so I figured out, later. thanks for the confirmation.

> The verse parser is very smart, and the head of each line goes into the
> verse parser, so you can use most formats.  I personally use the format
> "bkch:vs"  such as Gen1:1 or Rev22:21.  It shouldn't matter in any case,
> but it can simplify any processing you need to do if the verse reference
> is contained in a single string without whitespace.  "bk ch:vs" is fine
> too if you keep in mind the extra space.  There are a few books in
> canon.h that Troy insists leaving with non-standard long names that have
>   spaces in them, so watch out for numbered books (e.g. 1Sam, which have
> roman numerals followed by a space) and Revelation (which is called
> "Revelation of John") in the event that want to process exported Sword data.

I ended up using the long names shown in canon.h, and got it to work once
I spelled Corinthians, not Cornithians. But the error message sure is
non-helpful.

So now I have a working module and am pretty happy!