[sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

Arthur Bolstad sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 21:02:30 -0500

I have been listening in on Sword mailing for a while, learning from what is said, etc.

I have been unable to understand the module making instructions I can find?!  While
I am willing to accept my responsibility for my failures I would like more help.

I don't use unix (yet) so am limited to windows tools (although I use Java, ie jedit,
etc).  It seems to me that if I had the proper formats (and understood them) for
modules, I could create them by hand (I have done enough HTML that way).
However, as I said, I don't understand that.

A GUI would "understand" that for me - to me that is the big value of a GUI.  In
addition, with a 'proper' GUI it is not necessary to remember all the commands.  Unix
is great if you remember everything, but if not ...

If someone is willing (off-line?) to walk through the module making procedure and
standards, I will put my understanding into words for the next ones with that question.

Pastor Arthur Bolstad
Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
Simulation Programmer at Boeing, St Louis.

I use sword on a Widows 98 machine so Bible-Time is also pertinent.