[sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

fred smith sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:46:01 -0400

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 03:19:05PM -0400, fred smith wrote:
To reply to my own mail....

> So, back to my problem.... I don't see it documented anywhere WHICH
> names are to be used for the books... I was assuming it was the full
> names, i.e., the first ones in the array. Am I wrong, should it be the
> abbreviated names, the second column in the array?

Nope, according to mod2vpl on the two modules I have installed, the
LONG names are the right ones. Besides, I just tried the short ones and
get exactly the same (uninformative) errors.

I see, in looking at the output of mod2vpl, that the two modules I have
contain a LOT of <91> and <92> characters, as well as a fair number of <CM>
thingies at the end of apparently random lines. According to 'man ascii',
a <91> is a '[' and a <92> is a backslash. I see no sensible reason why
these would be embedded in the text in these places, so again I would
appreciate some useful advice.

Thanks again!

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding