[sword-devel] newbie problem making a module

fred smith sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:19:05 -0400

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 02:58:45AM +0800, Christian Renz wrote:
> >more to the point, we need a front end module maker for bibles, commentaries
> >and lexicons for windows
>
> While your statement is correct, the context is wrong.
>
> Fred is able to use commandline tools, but he is either having
> problems with his input files or with his calling syntax.

Yeah, apparently.

I'm a long-time Unix user, I have no problem with command-line tools.
Lets don't have a gratuitous gui-fication of tools where it adds no
useful functinality.

> The real problem is that the error messages are not helpful. And if

Amen!

> the input file is corrupt, the tool is not fault-tolerant enough to
> catch the error (or output a helpful message). So if you just take the
> commandline tool core and wrap a UI around it, many problems will
> still remain.

So, back to my problem.... I don't see it documented anywhere WHICH
names are to be used for the books... I was assuming it was the full
names, i.e., the first ones in the array. Am I wrong, should it be the
abbreviated names, the second column in the array?

Was just trying to run mod2vpl, again, on an existing module to refresh
my memory and verify this item, but now I can't get it to find the
input module. Duh, must be having a senior moment.

Useful advice will be appreciated.

Fred

 .----    Fred Smith    /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex@fcshome.stoneham.ma.us