[sword-devel] Which keys are considered distinct?

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:27:20 +0600

Concerning my LD editor, which pairs of keys I should consider distinct (and
so create a new entry) and which ones the same (and so, edit an existing
entry)?

I'm about that for example because of strongs padding 00004 is reasonably the
same as 04. Also somewhere in comments of the source of libSword it is said
that '-' character is somehow special in LD keys. So whether "ABED-NEGO" and
"ABED NEGO" are the same or distinct keys?

Can you point the exact criteria?

P.S. To check whether a key exists in a LD, I am going to use getRawEntry() to
snap it. It is inefficient as requests a probably unnecessary reading of the
entry from disk. It is probably reasonable to add in a future Sword library a
more efficient mean of snapping.
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)