[sword-devel] Copyrights and cash

Steve Tang sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:09:00 -0600 (MDT)

I'll vote yes and will help out on this.

As far as putting restrictions. My 2c is to avoid it as much as the
copyright holders would allow. They may as well ask for exactly what
Daniel suggested. I'm not for pirating, esp. bible. E.g. I don't download
music myself, but I read periodically about the controversy and it all
sounds like there hadn't been any successful encrypting endeaver so far.

I remember most s/w came with some anti-coping 'protection' in the 80s,
but these days most of them came with little protection or just a
passcode. Does anybody know why?

Steve Tang...