[sword-devel] Win32 Beta Build E - Testers needed

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:02:47 -0700

David Trotz wrote:
>>>10. the footnotes and headings make the modules complicated, =
>>>unattractive and confusing.  It might be better to have a separate =
>>>window beneath the bible but above the lexicons, just to show footnotes,
>>
> =
>
>>>and have a number reference in the module. (I mean this is what a =
>>>footnote is !!)
>>
>>Or tooltips. (Yes, it is possible to do tooltips with richtext, but only
>
> by
>
>>our own popups, not by tooltips control)
>

> Which is exactly what Troy has done in the latest build (Build f) with the
> Strong's numbers. I don't know what we will decide to do with footnotes
> though.

It's a pain to do this with RTF though, so tooltip footnotes probably
won't happen until we move to HTML/XML rendering.  This is also why you
won't see Strong's tooltips unless you have Strong's turned on & hover
over THEM rather than the word.

--Chris