[sword-devel] Please split the list

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:38:34 +0800

>Please separate the windoze stuff into a separate mailing list as some
>Linuxoids like me are completely uninterested in the current status of the
>windoze projects.

Judging from my programming experience, it is quite helpful to get
feedback from people that work on other platforms. It is interesting
to see what is implemented on another platform; that idea could then
be used on your platform. Also, a lot of problems are non-platform
specific. And even for very platform-specific questions (like my
problems with what is probably a RichText control under Windows), it
is good to hear how it is solved on other problems (it would have been
interesting to know how that is solved under Linux). Plus, this
mailing list is still quite low-volume, from what I've seen.

You could use a filter system like Mail::Audit or procmail to filter
out the stuff that relates to Windows (based on keywords in header and
body). And mail clients like mutt allow you to delete one complete
thread with one keypress.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"It still remains true that no justification of virtue will enable a man
to be virtuous."  -- C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man