[sword-devel] Unreadable Commentaries and smart refresh

Richard Guay sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:34:02 +0700

Hi,

Go to John 14:1 and click on the Matthew Henry's Commentaries.  The print in the
commentary window comes up so little that no one could possibly read it.  This happens on
many of the beginning chapter notes in Matthew Henry's Commentaries.

I was also wandering why the program does not do smart refresh.  Just flipping from book
to book should not cause a relookup of the verses.  I am constantly going from the KJV to
the ThaiKJV to compare how they translated the Thai.  The time to reformat is a long time (I
only have a 133 MHz pentium with 32 M Ram.  It goes real slow).  It would be better to only
lookup only when the reference changes outside what has already been looked up.

Nice feature would be to show the same verse from multiple books in the same window.
That would help me studying the Thai Bible so much.

I wish I had more time so that I could help program!

I hope this helps.

Richard Guay