[sword-devel] Chinese Dictionary Modules: Release

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 05:36:42 +0800

Welcome to the official release of the Chinese Dictionary Modules
(built upon CEDICT)! You can download the modules at

http://www.web42.com/software/jianzidian/

(I recommend the tar/gz archive because of the size, but the Install
Manager works as well; the FTP location is given there). I changed a
lot of things and hopefully removed most of the problems. I'll try to
get some screenshots up soon.

What I need help with:

- Could somebody try to create compressed modules that work? (And tell
  me how he did it)

- Could somebody try it out on a Chinese version of Windows? I'll try
  to find one myself, but that's not so easy, even here in Singapore...
  Otherwise I'll try to test it during my trip to Hongkong in
  September. :-)

I talked to the maintainer of CEDICT and he's OK with the distribution
(usual non-commercial non-profit disclaimers apply, see README). If
the powers that be see fit to include the modules in the official
crosswire.org archive -- go ahead.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"Thirty was so strange for me. I've really had to come to terms with
the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult."  -- C.S. Lewis