[sword-devel] (Win32 1.5.3/1.5.4) Two new lexdict modules bugs

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 03:51:49 +0800

This is rather non-urgent... I just thought I submit it before I
forget.

* In a bigger module (like CEDICT), entries consisting of a number
  (e.g. "8") will cause Sword not to be able to browse correctly
  through the entries. For example, in a subset of the module I had
  the entries "8", "80" and "800". Sword would not let me browse
  beyond "800", also, I was not able to access any entry starting with
  "A", even by direct typing.

  Workaround: Add a space, e.g. "8 ", "80 ", "800 "

* When linking an entry, Sword will not display the last
  character. Try e.g.

  $$$A
  My first entry
  $$$LINK
  @LINK A

  The definition displayed for A is (correctly) "My first entry". For
  LINK, Sword displays "My first entr".

  This is especially a problem when the entry contains markup, and the
  last character is part of markup.

  Workaround: Add a space to the definition, e.g. "My first entry "
  instead of "My first entry".

I'm not sure whether I have the time to really look into all these
issues (in the source code) after the release, but I'd be willing to
create a list of all the issues I encountered. I guess the wiki would
be the right place for that.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite
importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
    -- C.S. Lewis