[sword-devel] Beta M - Bugs

Adrian Korten sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:25:52 +0700

Good day,

Something that I've noticed in this and previous versions with the display
of Thai text is the font size changes. Perhaps, this is just in Win98. It
starts a verse in the 'regular' size but after a phrase break (indicated by
a space or set of spaces), it often bumps down a point size or two. (This is
still larger than the footnote size font.) Perhaps it is doing this to fit
onto the line properly but it doesn't seem necessary because in other places
it breaks the phrase along word breaks. [Thai does not have spaces to
indicate word breaks. Spaces are used to indicate phrases and other break
types.]

I need to look at this more closely at the office with my Thai co-workers.
Yesterday, the list of Thai Bible books was updated to temporarily
capitalize Latin characters as necessary. We'll give it a try next week.

ak

---