[sword-devel] NIV electronic licencing

Jeff Collett sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:28:54 -0500

I have been using the MKJV and it is pretty decent. I also have the KJV and
the ASV on my Palm. I have not used the NIV.  If you check out Jack Chick's
Web Site
http://www.chick.com/default.asp
he thinks anything besides the KJV is inaccurate, he does have some
excellent Tracts though.
Jeff
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Bitmead" <chris@bitmead.com>
To: <sword-devel@crosswire.org>
Sent: July 09, 2002 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] NIV electronic licencing

> I agree 100%, but I'm not sure what version would be the replacement.
> The NIV and NASB are very good, the KJV is pretty poor by today's
standards.

> Greg Marine wrote:
>
> >Just my two cents on licensing...
> >
> >I'm so frustrated by the fact that "God's Word" is licensed at all. I
understand that money had to be involved with the translating/publishing
process, but the fact texts like NIV is "licensed" means profit. I'm
beginning to sway away from such versions and translations and moving
towards public domain texts. I'm doing the same with Windows to Linux. I've
even paid for a distribution just because of the freedoms in the GNU GPL
license.

> >Anyway, as I said, it's just my two cents. Thanks for listening to my
little rant :-)

> >God Bless <><
> >Greg
> >
> >Let your prayer requests be known
> >http://www.iccnet.org/prayer/
> >Internet Community Church Ministries
> >http://www.iccnet.org/

> >"Jesus said...I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through me." John 14:6