[sword-devel] Paul's epistles

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:48:52 +0100

> > I see that the default for Sword is that "Paul's Epistles"
> > includes Hebrews. Does anybody seriously believe that Hebrews
> > is by Paul?

Traditionally, those letters with Paul as sender in the text are considered
Paul's letters. That would be Romans - Philemon. That is how we handle our
letters too, by the way. Hebrews may, and may not be from Paul.

> We also call the books of the Pentateuch 1-5 Moses respectively in many
> of our localized book names.  Does anybody seriously believe that the
> Pentateuch was written by Moses and is not an amalgam of four major
> sources?

I do, though that may not count much here. Where do you want to draw the line
in the text? Which is the objective criterion of your distinction? Has there
ever been any consensus in the critic science on this matter?

Martin