[sword-devel] 1.5.3 + optimizations

Brook Humphrey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:02:25 -0800

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 15:48, you wrote: 
> Hello all,
> 	We're finishing up 1.5.3, currently.  My standing todo list consists of
> Joachim's locale bug and zLD debugging.  Then I will start an
> optimization pass.  Seems we really need this as our .4 second, complete
> bible search is up to about 2.9 seconds on my 1.13GHz laptop :)  We'll
> get it back down, Lord willing.
> 	If there is anything else pressing that anyone wants to get in, please
> send me a patch soon, or suggest it here on the list and see if anyone
> is willing to do it.
> 	We're planning on reorganizing the CVS tree and adding back all the
> user accounts soon after 1.5.3
> 		-Troy.

Just compiled the current cvs on my mandrake box. I running 8.2 beta. Anyway 
it compiled just fine after a little help from my spec file. I now have rpm's 
and have compiled the current bibletime beta with this curent build of sword.

All seems to be working fine here. I'm not carying a stopwatch but I did a 
search in kjv for god love which gave 108 responses. It was under 2 seconds 
but I'm not sure by how much. I find this to be very respectable times 

It's looking good. Thanks for all the hard work to every one who helped.

                                                  Brook Humphrey           
        Mobile PC Medic, 420 1st, Cheney, WA 99004, 509-235-9107        
http://www.webmedic.net, bah@webmedic.net, bah@linux-mandrake.com   
                                            Holiness unto the Lord