[sword-devel] jsword

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:54:56 +0100

> Guys,
>
> I too am interested in helping out with a Java port.  So please let me know
> what's going on and keep me posted.  Sorry for this short one.
>
> Sam

I am delighted to see that so many are interested in this project.
You all know that Troy has many and very different tasks. Might I suggest
that a coordinator is found who has the responsibility for this particular
sub-project, sword-java?

It might even be wise to create room for separate discussion on these issues,
though this is still part of the sword API and can therefore be handled here
too. But I highly recommend that after the CVS reorganisation - which follows
the 1.5.3 release - the "Sword project for Windows" (or however you want to
call it ;) be given a separate location for discussion, planning and
developing. It should no longer be tied to the main sword API and its
releases. Also, I suggest that a maintainer be found (David Trotz?) who takes
over responsibility of the matter, thereby making Troy's life easier. The
sourceforge project (http://sf.net/projects/biblecs) exists and could be used.

Thank you for considering.

Martin