[sword-devel] Why Sword?

John Stovall sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:45:26 -0500

I just read about compile time errors in RH 7.2.  I can fix anything
on any computer if I have enough time.  The problem is that most
of us missionaries don't have enough time.  I also can use windows
but windows also takes time and costs too much money to benefit
my students on foreign soils.  I like most of the ideas presented
on this list.  But for third world missionary efforts in my opinion the
emphasis of Sword needs to be turned towards very easy to use
Linux modules.  Most of the world is very poor.  They can't afford
windows and I can't encourage them to steal it.  Many of them do
because they can't use software like Sword on Linux but the same
software is available in an easier to use windows version.