[sword-devel] Beginning help question - Calvin's Commentaries

Dave Hall sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:53:01 -0600

I have created a module for Calvin's Commentaries and was asked to put this
in imp format.

I converted my Module to an import file. But "mod2imp" appears to lose the
verse links so that the commentary text is only tied to the first verse of a

For example:
	addvs -a $MOD "2Corinthians 1:1-5" filename
Adds the text in file "filename" to 2Cor. 1:1 but also does the linking
(addvs -l) to verses 2,3,4 & 5 for me. So, loaking at any of these verses
shows the same text.

But, in the import file you just see:
$$$II Corinthians 1:1
$$$II Corinthians 1:6

Where it should be:
$$$II Corinthians 1:1-5
$$$II Corinthians 1:6-11

I am using the 1.5.5 linux tools.

Here is the command I ran:
	mod2imp CalvinCom > calvincom
	[creates 1 60MB file]

Am I doing something wrong? I want to make sure the Modules works properly
for everyone before I release it.

Once this is working what do I do? Upload it to the beta site? How?

Thanks for the help.

- Dave Hall

P.S. I tried the wiki link below and got "Not Found The requested URL
/cgi-bin/twiki/view was not found on this server.". Is the link wrong or do
I need a login or something on SourceForge?

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy A. Griffitts [mailto:scribe@crosswire.org]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 12:00 PM
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Beginning help question

	Thanks for your willingness to help and serve with us.  The latest 
versions of the windows commandline tools are at:


	I would suggest our 'imp' format, so imp2vs is probably what you'll 
want to use (if the commentary is keyed to Bible book ch:vs).

The imp format looks something like this:

This is commentary on John 1:1
This is commentary on John 1:2 - John 1:5

Blessings on your endeavours.  We have a new wiki page setup for module 
projects on our wiki site at:


You might want to post your intentions and progress and maybe you can 
get some help.