[sword-devel] kjv2003: new features for ModEdit

Eeli Kaikkonen sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:55:46 +0200 (EET)

I hacked some time with modedit. I can now select whole English words
with one mouseclick. Words next to each other will became one
selection. Clicking second time on a word will unselect it. Pressing
insert key on keyboard will put the active tag around the selection.
Only non-split tags are supported at the moment, some advice about how
to use splits programmatically would be welcome.

I have put two files in my home pages. They are:
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~eekaikko/MainFrame.java
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~eekaikko/Selection.java

Selection is new and MainFrame is replacement for the old one. I haven't
tested them much. The code is very ugly now (finnish println debugging
etc.) but if you are interested I can refactor and document it.

"javac org/crosswire/modedit/ModEdit.java" should compile the files when
they are in the unjarred directory.

These features do really double or triple my tagging speed. One tag
takes only two or four mouse clicks and one key press. Dragging
and careful aiming are not necessary. Try it and
ask if you have any questions or comments.

  Sincerely Yours,
      Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko@paju.oulu.fi> Suomi Finland