[sword-devel] We can capitalize Greek!

Victor Porton sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 23:25:55 +0500

I have a great idea for Sword.

We can scan a Greek dictionary for capitalized words and capitalize the same
words (having the same strongs) in our Greek NT modules. So we will legally
get capitalized Greek NTs for free as in commercial versions!

We cannot send these back to byztxt.com as their policy is against
capitalization by technical reasons related to Online Bible. But we can make
our modules capitalized as it is just an algorithmic change not a creative
work and not error-fixing and is even reversible. It is just like what we
already done: added ThML formatting or like if one changed "word"->"<w>word</w>
".

Rather probably I will do this work in near time as I already developed some
programming technologies which can be used for this.
--
Victor Porton (porton@ex-code.com)