[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.4.5rc2 -- Bug report
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 00:21:56 +0800
Hah! Did I scare everybody with that subject or what? :-)
Nothing critical here --
- Chinese Character lookup/copying does not work with Win98. This is a
high priority item for my 1.5.5 wishlist :-) since it was decided
that this won't make it for this release. Just wanted to remind
everybody... (although maybe I shouldn't be talking about Chinese so
much anymore, since Sing Yong could meet me and tell everybody how
bad my Chinese is :-))
- 'couple locale strings that are not translated (mostly deep in the
options) and a number of strings that are cut off due to
insufficient widget space. Not a showstopper.
- Switching on transliteration for ChiGuS crashes rc2a -- I opt for
not updating ICU unless further testing is done.
- Potential Memory leak -- Monitoring the allocated memory using the
system monitor, around 700 KB will remain allocated each time Sword
is started and closed. For 1.5.3, it's around 300 KB. No
showstopper, but we should look into it sometime. I'm lacking more
reliable debugging tools, though -- don't know how reliable these
figures are. (Tracking memory in a multi-tasking environment is
always a challenge...)
- Printing Chinese text does not work (Preview also doesn't
work). Don't know whether it works on XP, though.
- Personal Commentary does not support Unicode
- Text in the "About Box" needs to be worked on. E.g. "athiests"
Overall, I'd say "Yea".
However -- I think we really need a document (page on the server) that
summarizes all the new options, or else it won't be very obvious for
those updating. (And we all want grateful users, don't we?)
Off the top of my head, here's a list. But I came in just as the beta
process for 1.5.4 started, so I might be missing things.
- Localized menu and dialogs
- New help file
- More display options (fonts, colors). Can select individual font for
- Creating/Saving/printing verse lists
- Personal Commentary module works
- New pop-up windows: verse display, strong's, dictionary
- Unicode search preview, selecting module to be searched in search dialog
- Faster startup
- Unicode dictionary lookup for Windows 2k/XP
firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/
"Christ never meant that we were to remain children in intelligence: on
the contrary, He told us to be not only 'as harmless as doves' but
also 'as wise as serpents.' He wants a child's heart, but a grown-up's
head." -- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity