[sword-devel] Beta "Ya" -- More bugs

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:35:51 -0700

> (I forgot whether I asked this before) Why is the cursor position set
> when I only move my mouse around? I am using sword right know to
> prepare some papers and it is very annoying to have the current module
> set to the commentary all the time because I moved my mouse over it --
> especially when doing searches!

:)  Well, I don't know how to get the current position under the mouse
in the RichEdit control without forcing a button click :)  I wish I did,
but if you have popup help turned on, this behaviour s currently
necessary.  Any insight into how we might obtain this information
otherwise would be great!

> Also, I finally understood why the verse selection mechanism feels
> wrong for me. I have to press the upper arrow button to increase the
> number. That means, if I scroll the verse list *up*,  it will cause
> the text display to scroll *down*. This is also illogical because
> right and bottom represent the "future" in current GUIs, whereas left
> and top represent the "past". So by pressing the lower button I would
> expect to move forward.

Yeah, we're just using default spin controls.  I believe we can change
the behaviour if people feel it makes more sense.

	-Troy.