[sword-devel] win32 beta Y

Adrian Korten sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:05:03 +0700

Good day,

Thanks for the font sizing capability. It worked well from the
userprefs.conf and mods.d\tbs.conf. Now, one more request and two bug notes
and one question.

R.  Along with the font sizing capability, could the footnote font size be
set proportional to the defined font size? Footnotes in Thai at the default
font size are miniscule. If it could be set to font size -4, it would be
more readable.

B.  On both Win98 English and Thai if you switch to a non-English language
(tried Thai and German), the book does not display (although the drop-down
list box is still okay). If you choose another book, nothing is displayed -
it does not seem to do a lookup. Second, the word 'chapter' in Thai locale
on the Bible text screen still displays as upper latinized characters. For
this one word, it would be good to have UTF-8.

Q.  The drop-down box below the book, chapter and verse seems to be a
history. However, selecting on of the items, does not change the Bible text
display. What is the purpose of this list box?

ak

P.S. While working on a Thai web-site with Diatheke, the locale th.conf was
converted to UTF-8 for Bible book names (it didn't work with ANSI). It seems
to be working in test version so far.