[sword-devel] Win CE/Pocket PC version available?

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:26:45 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Andrew Craig wrote:

> Has anyone done a Sword port for Win CE/Pocket PC?

I've tried, but I'm pretty lazy.

There are some issues due to the lack of support in WinCE 3.0 for basic
C++ functionality like dirent and STL.  So I purchased a library that
includes some of these, and found free implementations of some others, and
implemented anything left myself.

So at one time I had the library compiled, but I've never succeeded in
getting anything to run.

There's a new version of the commercial library I purchased for it that
probably fixes a lot of little bugs that I'm stumbling on, but I don't
feel driven to purchase it since it's pretty expensive, even to upgrade.

And then there's my lack of time.

But I would really like to see it happen some day since that would give me
a reason to actually carry my ipaq around.

--Chris