[sword-devel] Hebrew translation

Avihai.H sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 21:55:22 +0200

Shalom :o)

 I know.
 I am a Jew, and my mother language is Hebrew and living in Israel.
 I am also a researcher - Just someone that wants to get deep into things
and
 Living them, that is the word of God.
 What is being happening in this world is that more and more "New"
translations are being made,
 and I ask myself: why are people aren't holding the good old reliable
once??? I see it happening here
 in Israel among the Messianic Jews and in the rest of the world.

 Any how, I am not debating anyone, I just spoke my mind. Im not into
changing others mind.
 But, I would be happy to know that only the good translation for the NT in
Hebrew is available for
 the public. If  anyone's mother tongue isn't Hebrew and wants to learn the
Hebrew language
 get a good book and read the bible, get a good Hebrew teacher and work it
out :o)

I think this is an interesting series of misunderstandings :-) If
somebody wants to use a Hebrew bible text, it doesn't mean that he
necessarily is a researcher! There are some millions of people out
there that consider Hebrew their mother tongue and need a NT that
speaks their language -- just like Germans, Americans, or Indonesians.

>  What I ment was that the NT translation in Hebrew (ModernHebrew = the one
>on Sword) is the relaible one.

The point that Avihai is trying to make is along the lines of "Thank
you for offering the (NKJV|NIV|...) module! It is a good, reliable
translation for bible studying. A lot of people in my church like to
use the Good News Bible, but I think the text is too superficial to
allow for deeper bible studies."

Come on, don't tell me that you all bring Nestlé-Aland to your cell
group. :-)

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"The human mind has no more power of inventing a new value than of
imagining a new primary color, or, indeed, of creating a new sun and a
new sky for it to move in."  -- C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man