[sword-devel] Hebrew translation

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:24:52 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> We have basic info about the engine locale at:
>
> http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Bibletime/SwordLocaleTranslation
>
> We should post a news item on sword.  Good idea.  Not sure if we should
> release the software first though.  Then users could translate and
> submit without the need to join the dev forum and get the beta.
>
> 	-Troy.

How about we do something like Logos did for Series X at
http://www.logos.com/titus/language (warning: requires IE 5.5+ to view)?
They have a web-hosted community translation system in place.  Maybe
someone with PHP expertise would like to throw something like this
together (or whatever scripting languages are kosher with Troy to run on
CrossWire).  We could use JSPs & Interbase, but I think that is a barrier
to other people being able to write these scripts.

I do think waiting for the release is sensible.  That way people can test
their locales or whatever, and we know we really really have a final list
of strings.

--Chris