[sword-devel] BoM Bug in module/Beta T
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 20:48:46 -0700
I have tried using the module again. I guess I was just a little too
impatient and not realizing that the generic books take longer to
assemble in Sword than the translations do. A thought in the futures, if
generic books is going to be a direction to take with some of the many
books that have been mentioned, maybe assemble a file along with the
actual module that people can use to speed things up. I would like to be
able to use the generic books in diatheke for the web with a apologetics
concordance that I have.
Also, so it is known even though I brought up the BoM subject, I am not
Mormon, but I do deal with apologetics in a way and it is helpful to
have the other side's information at my fingertips.
I appreciate the great work.
In the work of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
[mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Chris Little
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 8:27 PM
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] BoM Bug in module/Beta T
Barry is right that it just takes a while to load since we have to parse
the entire table of contents and build tree items for every single verse
in the book, which is probably quite a few for the BoM. Testing in beta
V, it works fine. In fact it only takes about 2 seconds for me to load
a P4-1.5GHz laptop (which consequently has a rather slow HD).
it would be nice to make the tree only show down to the chapter level
display a chapter at a time with this book, similar to how we do with
(And no, I'm not Mormon. No I'm not promoting the Book of Mormon. Nor
I even necessarily believe we should ever release this module publicly.)
EEnochGeez is by far the most interesting of our new GenBook modules
(albeit probably the least useful for most of us). This is book makes
the first Bible software to my knowledge that supports the Ethiopic
script. We even support phonetic transliteration of the Ge'ez text
because of the Ethiopic-Latin transliterator that I wrote many months
in anticipation. Alas, I could find no Ge'ez or Amharic Bible.