[sword-devel] BoM Bug in module/Beta T

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 20:26:56 -0700 (MST)

Barry is right that it just takes a while to load since we have to parse
the entire table of contents and build tree items for every single verse
in the book, which is probably quite a few for the BoM.  Testing in beta
V, it works fine.  In fact it only takes about 2 seconds for me to load on
a P4-1.5GHz laptop (which consequently has a rather slow HD).  Eventually
it would be nice to make the tree only show down to the chapter level and
display a chapter at a time with this book, similar to how we do with the
Bibles.

(And no, I'm not Mormon.  No I'm not promoting the Book of Mormon.  Nor do
I even necessarily believe we should ever release this module publicly.)

EEnochGeez is by far the most interesting of our new GenBook modules
(albeit probably the least useful for most of us).  This is book makes us
the first Bible software to my knowledge that supports the Ethiopic
script.  We even support phonetic transliteration of the Ge'ez text
because of the Ethiopic-Latin transliterator that I wrote many months ago
in anticipation.  Alas, I could find no Ge'ez or Amharic Bible.

--Chris