[sword-devel] BHS beta posted

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 05:55:42 +0800

>I have a suspicion that Unicode is not rendering at all on my system. I
>tried the Unicode Code2000 and it looks exactly the same as when I have the
>MS Arial Unicode selected.

I don't have Code2000, so I can't compare. Judging by your screenshot,
I'd say that Unicode *is* being rendered -- or else you'd see not
much. Why some characters are missing I don't know.

In some places, Windows will choose a default font for you. For
example, if you only have one font installed with a Korean charset,
and you display a document with Korean characters, Windows will choose
that one. And even on my system (with multiple Chinese fonts), Windows
will annoyingly choose one of the calligraphic fonts (ie. not very
readable in small sizes) for comboboxes etc. in HTML pages. :-(

My guess is that your Arial Unicode MS is not working (well, we had
that before, right?). But I have no idea why... Maybe you can try out
a different unicode font, e.g. Bitstream Cuberbit.

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"It still remains true that no justification of virtue will enable a man
to be virtuous."  -- C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man