[sword-devel] Display of Search keys beta R-T

Christian Renz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 03:26:25 +0800

Sorry guys, I am a bit behind... Had to help a friend renovate and
shift into her family's new flat. Which is a good thing; sometimes you
need to exercise those other muscles, too. (Besides those in your
fingers, I mean ;-)).

Just wanted to report that starting from Beta R, the search key is
correctly displayed in the definition window, even when it is Unicode
and even when it is Chinese Characters. That was not the case earlier
(it used to show the literal 8-Bit characters). Thanks!

Of course, there's still the issue with the search list itself under
Win 98, but at least now it works under Unicode-aware Windows-versions
(Win2k, WinXP).

Rushing off to fix those perl-5.8.0 issues in my library so I can
generate a new version of the CEDICT modules...

Greetings,
   Christian

--
crenz@web42.com - http://www.web42.com/crenz/ - http://www.web42.com/

"The real job of every moral teacher is to keep on bringing us back,
time after time, to the old simple principles which we are all so
anxious not to see."  -- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity