[sword-devel] Mac OS X client - progress update

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 02:17:44 -0700

> I'm not sure that anyone is actually looking at these
> binaries or source
> though. Probably not too many Mac users on this list. Email me if you
> want to play with the last build.

I've been keeping up and think the progress looks great.  I am really
excited about the prospect of helping out with this stuff once I get a
break from other obligations.

I would love to get your code up on our CVS server, but we would have to
wait until Troy can get an account set up for you, etc.

> Sometime before doing a public beta, I will likely rename this app -
> iSword or something?

It's not a good idea to ask the mailing list for name suggestions. :)
>From past experience, everyone will have objections to any name you come
up with.  And the one that everyone finally does decide they like will
be a registered trademark.  (Ahh... The memories.)

iSword might be somewhat inaccurate since it doesn't really have
anything to do with the internet (not that the iPod or iMovie have very
much to do with the internet).  You can also scan through the mailing
list archives to see some of the name proposals for the Windows frontend
that were discussed some months back.

--Chris