[sword-devel] Faster searching wanted

Bobby Nations sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 16:13:35 -0600

Nathan,

My two cents.

JSword is in very, very early stages (pre-alpha) at the moment.  There
is a separate CVS module dedicated to JSword, but the code is still
unusable.  Troy began porting the C++ code some time back, and a few
folks picked up the ball on it but it hasn't been advanced very far.  We
were making some progress on it until the servers got hacked and then
everyone got busy getting 1.5.3 out the door.  I know, I know, excuses,
excuses :-|

There are discussions ongoing as to the road ahead at the following two
places:

http://sword.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Jsword/WebHome

Take a look at the two URL's above to see if they help you any.

Cheers,

Bobby