[sword-devel] sword license questions

Nathan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:27:05 -0700

Ahh... okay. I was thinking of LGPL (Lesser GPL), which from looking
at the Sword license page, it clearly is not. So basically I have to
GPL my client if I use the Sword API. I don't really have a problem
with releasing my source code, I just need to get the right license
information with the program.
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/about/license.jsp

Now the Copyright statement could be to Crosswire, or it could be to
me for the client and Crosswire for the Sword API. Or it could be
copyleft I suppose... :)

Its good that selling the client (with licensed materials) is still
possible. Though by GPLing my client, aren't I also saying that
anyone else can sell the client as well? Hm.

GPL is a big long license, I haven't actually taken the time to read
the whole thing, I prefer something simple like the zlib license. But
I guess I should look over it sometime.

--
Nathan Youngman
E-mail: nathany at mac.com