[sword-devel] More Splashes

David Trotz sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:14:05 -0700

> Of course, the ultimate optimisation would be such that the splash screen
> is no longer needed.

Does that mean you will take the job? :)

BTW we will keep the splash screen until we feel we no longer need it. I see
no real reason not to. The size of the binary will not be affected that
much, and the time to load the program is only lengthened by a few
milliseconds. On my 1.2Ghz Sword takes less than 2 seconds to load, and on
my 350Mhz it takes little more than 3 seconds over a network. Plus Tim did a
good job and worked hard on it, rejecting the splash screen is rejecting him
and his work. An option to turn off the splash screen may be added.

In Christ,
David Trotz