[sword-devel] More Splashes

Timothy R. Butler sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:02:22 -0500

Hi Ford,
> I know I dont put much into this, but is there or are you able to make a
> splash screen for linux, and if so, why not exclude the "for windows" part
> all together, and use it for both OS's... Also, I am just one of those
> weirdos who thinks, "Well look at that! Its the Sword Project for Windows!
> And all this time I thought I was using a mac! I'll be a monkeys uncle!!"
> :P

  Hehehe. Well, as far as I believe there isn't a SWORD
"namesake" GUI for any operating system other than Windows, thus the "for
Windows" part. Both the BibleTime and GnomeSword authors have talked to me
about working on splash screens, but of course they would include those names
rather than "The Sword Project" on the splash screen.

> Also, is it just me, or has sum of the clarity been lost with the
> brightening of the background text?

  Hmm... you have a point. The idea behind brightening the background was to
leave more emphasis on the dark (black, actually) text in the foreground, but
in some ways the darker ones have more clarity...

> Other than those few queries, I'd go with 18 or 20. I rather like 20, it's,
> ummm... easier on the eyes, has good justification, not too dull, not too

  I'm kinda leaning towards #20 at the moment too.

> :P Anyhoo, I'll shutup now!

  Hey, there's no reason to do that. ;-)

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com           ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm
Free/Open Source Web Tools:        http://www.uninetsolutions.com
Christian Portal and Search Tool:        http://www.faithtree.com
============== "Christian Web Services Since 1996" ==============