[sword-devel] New Batch of Splash Screens - Hot 'n Fresh

Timothy R. Butler sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:10:07 -0500

Hi Skip,
> First, thanks for posting all the samples and making it easy to compare
> them.

  No problem, I'm glad to help. :-)

> My preference is for #7. I think the left-center-right justification is too
> distracting.

  That was the same feeling I had, although I think we are being out voted.
;-)

> I also happen to use Linux most of the time, so I think the
> emphasis should be on "the Sword project" and "for Windows" just happens to
> be an attribute of this object.

  Well, if it makes you feel any better, all of those "for Windows" splash
screens were made in Linux using the Gimp. :-) I did emphasize "for Windows"
somewhat since the Windows GUI is the only one called "The Sword Project,"
although I guess I could arrange to make it less emphasized. Hopefully, since
I've been given the opportunity to work on the BibleTime and GnomeSword
splash screens I can do something with out *ahem* Windows on it. ;-)

> All of them are good, so we're going to have a good splash screen, no
> matter which one is selected.

  Thanks, Skip!

  -Tim

Timothy R. Butler                              Universal Networks
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com           ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm
Free/Open Source Web Tools:        http://www.uninetsolutions.com
Christian Portal and Search Tool:        http://www.faithtree.com
============== "Christian Web Services Since 1996" ==============