[sword-devel] Announce: Sword/PDA for the Agenda PDA

David Overcash sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:12:18 -0500

Would you be interested in posting this on the sword project site?
Err, uh...

Hey troy!  Can we put this on the site?  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org
[mailto:owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org]On Behalf Of David J. Orme
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 3:07 PM
To: Agenda Announce; Sword Developers
Subject: [sword-devel] Announce: Sword/PDA for the Agenda PDA

Announcing a Bible-reading program for your Agenda PDA!
This is the initial public release because I have decided that the
software is at a usable state now. :-)   The project URL is

 Sword/PDA is distributed under the Gnu Public Licence. Features:
* Small emough to add to an Agenda without making a custom rootdisk
image or removing software!
* Good performance, even with on-the-fly decompression on the Agenda!
* Integrates with Agenda's Notes application via copy/paste for easier
* Standard Agenda look & feel!
* Maximum screen space given to the Bible text!
* Multiple font sizes!
* Includes:
- The King James Version (KJV)
- The Bible in Basic English (BBE)
- Noah Webster's translation
- Young's Literal translation
* Can easily create new compressed Bible modules from Sword Bible
modules! (found at http://www.crosswire.org )

I hope you like it and find it useful!

Dave Orme

The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected.
   -- The Unix Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972