[sword-devel] New Website, Changes and HowTo

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 05:38:01 -0700

> The form letter
> for copyright
> issues is just great!  Can we have a list of publishers whose contact
> addresses you don't currently have?  I'm sure a lot of us visit good
> libraries from time to time, and if we have a list, we can
> take a look when
> we come across those version.

I can't find the copyright form letter to which you refer.  But I'd like
to request that we not publish names/addresses of publishers until after
CrossWire has sent an official request for distribution right and that
request has been denied.  We need to get organized in the area of
distribution rights requests.  Maybe someone with database experience
who is looking for a way to help out would like to design a database of
translations, publishers, correspondence, etc. relating to this.  We
have Interbase on crosswire.org.

Asking people to randomly spam publishers is never going to result in
any profit for us or our users.

--Chris