[sword-devel] Sword exporter (Diaspora)
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:41:59 -0700
It works, it works. Thank You. :) I can finally have NIV, NKJV and NASB on
my Handspring :)
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Little" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 4:23 AM
Subject: RE: [sword-devel] Sword exporter (Diaspora)
> > It's great. Thanks. The Palm bit is fine. I now have the
> > version I want
> > running on mine! On the Palm, it works the same as footnotes
> > turned on
> > all the time in Sword - and that's OK.
> Yeah, I wasn't originally writing this as an end-user tool, but as a
> tool for people to export as much data from a given module as it
> contains. So I turned on all option filters internally. But now I've
> added some checkboxes to allow users to turn off the option filters.
> The Roman transliterator checkbox you can see is just a placeholder for
> now, but I'll get it working some time this week when I get ICU linking
> under Borland's compiler. I figure transliteration should be pretty
> cool since it will allow you to read Greek & Hebrew Bibles on the Palm
> even if it lacks the font support.
> Not sure if anyone noticed, but when outputting for Palm Bible Reader,
> the exporter will output book names in the module's locale if it is
> installed. I thought this was pretty cool. :)
> Since everything exported is in UTF-8, which is not supported by Palm or
> OLB, I compiled & uploaded an encoding converter to the site called
> uconv (part of IBM's ICU). Usage is pretty straightforward. To convert
> a file "GerLut.txt" to ISO-8859-1, you would run "uconv -f UTF8 -t
> ibm-1252 GerLut.txt > newGerLut.txt". When targetting Palm Bible
> Reader, remember to change the encoding value on the first line of the
> file for encodings other than ISO-8859-1. I have no idea what values
> are valid.
> The file location has moved to the public FTP area.
> Diaspora is now located at
> And uconv can be found at
> For those interested, I've added the Diaspora source to CVS in a new
> module called swordtools. (So use 'cvs co swordtools' instead of 'cvs co